Sunday, January 15, 2012

Pork Ribs in my Cajun Microwave

When time is not a factor I love cooking in my Cajun Microwave. My ol' friend from North Carolina, Mr.  Lenox Harrelson showed me his way of cooking pork ribs on the pit to perfection, so I thought I would share the way we do it down here in the cajun microwave.

Ingredients Needed: 
  • Cajun Seasoning
  • BBQ Sauce
  • Pork Ribs

 

First I rub down the ribs with Camp Dog Cajun Seasoning and let marinate overnight in the frig.


Next I will steam the ribs for about an hour depending on the size of the pig. This one was about 40 lbs. so its pretty tender already. I will do this by putting about 4 inches of water in a large pot then put the ribs in a metal colander, cover with foil and let it steam while sitting over the pot. The meat will start shrinking away from the bone, that's when you know it's getting tender.

While this is steaming I will get my trusty cajun microwave ready by layering the bottom of the tray with charcoal and lighting it. Once my charcoal is ready I place the ribs on the grill to brown for about 15 minutes per side then adding BBQ sauce to both sides. I use a local favorite called Jack Millers. The plant is about a mile from my home and when the wind is just right I can smell them cooking it in the mornings, (oooh so good).

Once the ribs are browned I will remove the tray of coals and place the ribs inside the microwave in a pan, replace the charcoal tray and cook for about an hour at 350 deg. then add a little water in the pan and cover with foil and cook for about another hour and 1/2 or until tender. 

But while the ribs are cooking inside don't let the heat on the outside go to waste. I like to keep the kids happy by putting on some spiced up burgers with a touch of BBQ sauce on the grill. Once the ribs are done add a lil more sauce and serve with rice dressing and baked beans or whatever you like.  I hope you enjoy and don't forget to visit our website at www.campdogcajunseasoning.com for your cajun spice. Enjoy!

2 comments:

  1. Wow, does that ever look good! I could eat stuff like that every day.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Keep up the good work , I read few posts on this web site and I conceive that your blog is very interesting and has sets of fantastic information. sabaideereview.com

    ReplyDelete